The League of Women Voters of Lancaster County (LWVLC) is seeking nominations for the WOMEN MAKING DEMOCRACY WORK (WMDW) award, given bi-annually by the League. The award honors women who have:
1. Exemplified the vision and ideals of the League of Women Voters on all levels through:
- Voter Education/Citizenship/voter registration
- Preservation and education of Natural Resources
- Public Education K - university
- Juvenile Justice/Criminal Justice/Social Justice
- International Relations
- Public Office
2. Initiated or participated in specific activities relating to voter rights, women's issues, and community participation.
3. Possesses a strong sense of self identity
4. Identifies with challenges presented to women today
5. Has a vision to assist others in reaching their goals
6. Has demonstrated perseverance and inner strength
7. Has demonstrated the will and courage to work towards social change
Persons who know of a woman whose spirit, purpose and actions are dedicated to improving the quality of life for all women within our community and whose participation reflects the vision of the League of Women Voters, please honor her effort by writing a detailed account of her achievements.
Nominations can be mailed to: League of Women Voters of Lancaster County (LWVLC), PO Box 6812, Lancaster, PA 17608 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your nominations by APRIL 7, 2017. The award will be presented at the League's Annual Meeting and Celebration of Women on MAY 23, 2017. For further information, please contact Susan Leinberger at (717) 682-9724.
Applicants may self apply or have others place a name in nomination.
Making Democracy Work Nomination Form