Join the League
BECAUSE DEMOCRACY IS NOT A SPECTATOR SPORT
Membership in the League of Women Voters, the most respected and effective grassroots organization in the country, is open to men and women of all ages.
Our members make a visible difference by serving as community leaders using their experience to create positive, lasting change in our communities.
When you join, you automatically become a member of LWV Pennsylvania and LWV of the United States. You will receive their publications along with the newsletter from the Lancaster County League of Women Voters called LWVLC Bulletin which is usually published 4 times each year. You will have the knowledge that you are adding your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states, Washington DC, the Virgin Islands, and Hong Kong.
WHY SHOULD I JOIN?
Stay up-to-date on the information you need to be prepared for election day.
Help your fellow community members to learn about upcoming elections and how to get involved.
Participate in building a strong community.
Through participation in League projects, you will:
- contribute valuable service to the community
- gain knowledge and experience through the study and discussion of timely and important topics
- discover new interests, develop new skills and learn about crucial issues in your community
- make professional contacts and develop lasting friendships as you meet others in League who share your interests
HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE?
It's up to you! Many members choose to support the League only with their annual dues. Your membership alone gives us the political influence needed to build a voice for citizens and a force for change. We cover a broad spectrum of issues and concerns; you may choose to become involved in one or more of them by actively participating in a group study, or listening to a panel of experts at a meeting or just reading about them in one of our publications.
HOW DO I JOIN?
It’s easy! Fill out a form to join today:
NXTGEN LEGACY PROGRAM
The LWV of Lancaster County will establish the NxtGen Legacy Program, benefiting two unique projects:
Youth Voter Registration Project - Continuing upon the success of our 2018 partnerships with the School DIstrict of Lancaster, Millersville University, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology and Franklin & Marshall College. Our short-term goal is to provide 5 free memberships at each school to mobilize voter registration activities and begin mentoring future League leaders.
NxtGen League Leaders - Creating a leadership pathway for young women and girls with an interest in politics, community organizing, etc. Provide at least 6 annual competitive sponsorships for high school and college juniors to attend the Pennsylvania Center for Women and Politics at Chatham University’s “NEW Leadership Pennsylvania” or “Ready to Run Pennsylvania” programs in Philadelphia.
Voter education, civic engagement and mentorship will help develop future leaders. The League of Women Voters of Lancaster County seeks to create pathways for the next generation of leaders.
By donating to our NxtGen Legacy Program, you are making an investment in the future of our society.
2017 - 2019 BOARD GOALS
1. Increased active memborships
2. Gain more participation from membership and more opportunities for membership to be involved
3. Become the 'go-to' organization for voter registration and election season
4. Establish ourselves as an innovative organization with strong ties to our history
5. Partner with more organizations
6. Recruit and actively engage young adults to promote civic engagement through advocacy, activism, and community involvement
7. Streamline Candidate Night/Debate process
8. Increase public awareness of the League (especially to a younger audience)
Disclaimer: All links to other websites are provided for your convenience only. The League of Women Voters of Lancaster County exercises no control of the information or opinions contained on them. Provision of these links on our site does not indicate an endorsement of their contents by the LWV of Lancaster County