Directors serve for a term of two years, and must be a voting member of the LWVLC. The Board of Directors manages and supervises the business and affairs of the organization, subject to the instructions of the general membership.
Voter Service/Citizen Education*
We present unbiased nonpartisan
information about elections, the voting
process, and issues.
We are nonpartisan, and we advocate for policies in the public interest."
* To conduct our voter service and citizen education activities, we use funds from the League of Women Voters Education Fund, which is a 501(c)(3) corporation, a nonprofit educational organization. The League of Women Voters, a membership organization, conducts action and advocacy and is a nonprofit 501(c)(4) corporation.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political membership organization which:
- 1. Acts after study and member agreement to achieve solutions in the public interest on key community issues at all government levels.
- 2. Builds citizen participation in the democratic process.
- 3. Engages communities in promoting positive solutions to public policy issues through education and advocacy.
The LWV Education Fund is a nonpartisan public policy educational organization which:
- 1. Builds citizen participation in the democratic process.
- 2. Studies key community issues at all governmental levels in an unbiased manner.
- 3. Enables people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and conflict management.
The League of Women Voters believes in:
- 1. Respect for individuals.
- 2. The value of diversity.
- 3. The empowerment of grassroots efforts, both within the League and in communities
The League of Women Voters will:
- 1. Act with trust, integrity, and professionalism.
- 2. Operate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve, both members and the public.
- 3. Take the initiative in seeking diversity in membership.
- 4. Acknowledge our heritage as we seek our path to the future.
Stay up to date on our latest news.
Disclaimer: All links to other websites are provided for your convenience only. The League of Women Voters of Lancaster County exercises no control of the information or opinions contained on them. Provision of these links on our site does not indicate an endorsement of their contents by the LWV of Lancaster County